The Center loans reading kits to organizations that serve families with infants and toddlers, such as (but not limited to):
- Child care centers
- Licensed home child care providers
- Early care & education agencies
- Health clinics
- Faith-based organizations
Outside of Anchorage
If your organization is located outside of the Anchorage area, contact your local library about borrowing kits on your behalf. If you do not have a local library, please contact the coordinator to borrow materials.
If you are an organization located in Anchorage, you may choose to borrow materials with an APL corporate card.
The Corporate Card enables representatives from businesses/organizations (hereafter, "organization") to borrow library materials, including but not limited to Ready to Read Resource Center materials, from the Anchorage Public Library on behalf of the organization. Organizations within the Municipality of Anchorage are eligible to apply for a Corporate Card from the Anchorage Public Library. The organization is responsible for everything checked out on the corporate card. Please report lost or stolen cards immediately.
- By completing the application process, the organization agrees to accept full financial responsibility for all materials borrowed from the Anchorage Public Library, which includes payment for lost, damaged, or overdue materials.
- Use of the Corporate Card should be limited to organization-related activities.
- The Corporate Card expires in one year. Annual re-application is necessary for borrowing privileges, provided the card is in good standing.
- The Corporate Card must be presented when borrowing materials.
- Replacement for a lost Corporate Card will be issued upon receipt of a written request from the organization's director.
- Notify an Anchorage Public Library circulation desk when changes are required in the list of authorized users.
To apply for a Corporate Card, follow the steps below and visit any Anchorage Public Library location.
- Provide a letter of authorization, written on letterhead, from the director or business owner requesting a Corporate Card, stating the names of the persons within the organization who will be allowed to use the card. If you are self-employed, you do not have to use letterhead stationery, but you must present your business license at the time of application.
- Complete a library card registration form. You may download and print a copy of the registration form to complete before coming to the library. Please do not sign the form (wait until you present it to library staff).
- Provide valid picture identification of authorized representative who signs the library card registration form.
This project is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services to
the Alaska State Library under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act.